Saturday, April 4, 2020



Getting Ready to Film


   We start filming tomorrow!!! I am extremely nervous. I feel like everything is going to go wrong and not as planned.  I am trying to prepare everything beforehand so that I do not have to interrupt the filming process.  I am starting to put together all the props that I will be using. I am making this blog to share a "behind the scenes", so that you guys can see all the process and and props I will be using


Props needed throughout the film

- Calendar
- Eviction notice flyer
- Baking competition flyer
- Newspaper
- Post-its
- Sharpe
- Cans
- Plates & food
- Papers & books
- Earbuds
- Backpack 
- Cake recipe
- Baking appliances
- And the cake itself, of course


Room "makeover"

  First of all, I rearranged my room to make it fit the visual theme of the opening. As we all know, mise-en-scene is one, if not the most, important aspect when making a film. It is how you tell the story. So I "set the stage" to make it look like it's my character's room, Ellie. Ellie is a full-time college student with no family. She doesn't have money because of school debt. For this reason, she rents a room in a house where multiple families live; it is the only thing she can afford. Ellie basically lives in her room, and since she is a full-time college student, she has no time to keep her room clean. So to create the proper atmosphere, I decided to completely change everything about my room. I changed the sheets, the pillows, and took every piece of decoration off. I added food, cans and bottles, books, newspaper, clothes all over the floor, etc, etc, etc. I will attach a picture of the before and after so you are able to appreciate the change.



Recipe 

Since my film opening is about baking, there is obviously going to be food involved. Ellie is just getting into the cooking world, so she doesn't have any recipe of her own. She will be following this one throughout the opening. This is the one I will be using to make the actual cake. It tastes AMAZING; however, I am not a big fan of the texture. 





Preparing food

Ellie is a college student who has no time for anything else but studying. For this reason, her room is a mess, she has clothes everywhere, papers, trash, and food. She has her desk full of plates with food that she has been collecting over the days. Soooo I had to recreate this. It has kind of fun honestly. But here is a behind the scenes of making this and how it turned out:






No comments:

Post a Comment

The Moment We Have All Been Waiting For... "A Bite of Happiness" After months and tons of work, we are finally done!! ...