Tuesday, April 7, 2020



Done filming!!!


I am finally done filming! This was such a stressful process, but we are finally done. It took days to film and get every shot I needed. They are not the best, and I am not so proud of them, but I tried my best. I am really hoping that the video turns out good.

I had a few complications during the filming process, primarily since it involved real food, as well as the help from other people. First of all, I could never start filming whenever I planned to. I had to accommodate to everyone's schedule and that was kind of hard.  Since I was filming the making of a cake, I was occupying the kitchen, which is a place that my whole family visits pretty often. For this reason, I had multiple interruptions and distractions. But after all, we managed to finish successfully. 

Additionally, making a cake is not easy, and takes a lot of time, let alone a two-tier cake in a house full of people. Since my sister was the one performing, and actually doing the cake, she had to do many things she did not know how to. I had to walk her though every step so that we didn't ruin the cake (especially during the decorating process). Moreover, like I was saying, making a cake takes time. In this case, finishing the cake completely and filming took two full days (if not more). In order to get good shots, we needed good lighting, which we could only get from sunlight, meaning that we couldn't film after 7:00 PM. 

This was a very stressful process due to the fact that we had to film part by part. First, the making of the cakes. Once we finished making them, we couldn't continue filming until the cakes were out of the oven and cooled. There was 7 cakes to make, so this took quite a while. Later, I had to make the frosting and the filling. After the cake was frosted, it had to chill for about 20 minutes. After it was chilled, we filmed, and we continue with the second layer of frosting, and then chill again. And we repeated this process until we were done with the cake. Moreover, something that also had me very stressed out, is that we didn't have some of the ingredients I needed. And obviously because of Covid, is not as easy to get a hold of them, so I had to improvise with what I had. 

The entire house was a mess and suddenly everyone was involved in my project. This was also the first two-tier cake I have ever made, which I think turned out pretty good for being my first attempt. Making this cake pretty was also critical. If the story is about a cake competition, then the cake must at least be phenomenal. So, not only did I have to worry about getting good content, but also about making the cake presentable, since it is the star of the show. I ended up going to bed at 6:00 AM in order to make this cake appetizing. It's okay, it was voluntary, but it was exhausting. 

The good thing is that we all got to eat cake after. Not trying to brag or anything, but this has been one of my favorite cakes every. The top tier was vanilla cake with dulce de leche filling and cream cheese frosting. The bottom tier was vanilla cake also, but with chocolate ganache and cookie dough filling and frosting. Here is a picture of the final result! Enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Moment We Have All Been Waiting For... "A Bite of Happiness" After months and tons of work, we are finally done!! ...