Thursday, April 9, 2020


Editing...


I started editing a couple days ago, and I must say, this was also a very stressful process, or maybe I just get stressed too easily, I don't know. I loved it, and I enjoyed it, but there were many ups and downs along he road.

I first started editing on iMovie. As soon as I started, I had my first problem. I was having trouble with the files. I wasn't being able to open them, and for a minute I thought I had lost everything I filmed. I tried and tried and finally I was able to open them. I started editing and it was all going well, until it started freezing every time I clicked something. I closed and opened the program, I shut down my computer and restarted it, I tried everything I saw on the internet, and it would still continue freezing. At this point, I  was already about 40 seconds into my video, but I knew I would take forever if I continued using iMovie.

So I changed to WeVideo. At first, it was kind of weird, since I was already used to using iMovie, but I was able to get the hang of it quickly. I continued and I didn't have any trouble for a long time. But it took me forever to finish the video. I did realize that I was missing some shots, and that there were others that were not taken properly.  Some were blurry, and some others weren't taken from the exact position or angle I needed. And since it was about a cake, I couldn't go back and film some more. So I had to work with what I had. Now that I've used both, I think I like iMovie better. It has more features and I personally find it a lot easier to use.

After a very long time, I finished editing the main parts. I was just missing to edit the introduction, add the credits, and the music. It was all going well. The only thing was that I was short on time. Editing took too long since I had to change the program I was using midway through the video and start all over again. I was able to finish on time, although I was a little rushed through the last steps. I wasn't very proud of the final result.

Another problem I encountered, was that I had too much content I wanted to use. I was missing the introduction and I was already two minutes in the video. I had to go back and try to take out some shots. I managed to make it exactly 2:14. Two more seconds and it would've been too long.


Music


For music I was planning on using 2 songs. One for the credits and the beginning part, and another one for the rest of the video. I had soooo many options of songs that I wanted to use; I even made a playlist... After a lot of thinking, I was able to decide which one I wanted to use. The first one is called "look how far we've come" by Dylan LeBlanc, and the second one "What you know" by Two Door Cinema Club. I chose the first one because it created the perfect mood for that part of the opening. I wanted to portray a feeling of sadness and emptiness, which was what the character was feeling. I think that song was able to create that exact mood. After seeing the competition flyer, the character has hope, and is immensely excited, which is why I choose the other song. It transmits happiness and adventure as soon as you hear it.

Opening Credits 


This is one of the parts that I am least proud of. Since I was a little rushed through the process, I wasn't able to dedicate it the time it needed. I found that my shots weren't long enough, and I didn't have the space in the frame to fit the credits. So I just had to put it wherever it was able to fit. I decided to make it yellow and pink themed, since the main title was going to be yellow. I chose this combination of colors because it reminds me of fun, cupcakes, and candy. The problem with this, was that they are very light colors, so it is hard to see through them. Moreover, it does not completely match the color scheme throughout the video, which is something I should've planned beforehand. I think if I would've had a better planning strategy, and thought about every aspect BEFORE, then the project would've been way better. I need to work more on my planning skills in order to achieve success. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Moment We Have All Been Waiting For... "A Bite of Happiness" After months and tons of work, we are finally done!! ...