Monday, March 9, 2020

Representation


I wanted to include in my film as much representation as possible. I wanted to represent a sense of unity among people; a very united community, where everyone works together despite their differences and works around kindness. I wanted to represent how the world truly is, our diversity, and the beauty of our difference. The vision that I have for my film (if I were to finish it completely) is to represent multiple locations and characters throughout the movie, that each will represent and  expand the concept of representation in multiple aspects. 

Firstly, representation of different locations and social classes: from poverty (which is where the main character of my film comes from), to wealthy (will be shown when the main character goes to the actual place of the competition to compete, and when she creates her own business). And secondly, representation of age, gender, and ethnicity, which will be shown through the characters.


Age, Gender, and Ethnicity 

I will create representation of age, gender, and ethnicity through the characters participating throughout the film. The main character lives in a home shared by multiple people, some are nuclear families, some are couples, and some live by themselves. Each of these families, has a different ethnicity and background. I was planning on incorporating characters with an African American descendant, Caucasians (main character), as well as Hispanic. Additionally, some characters will also be part of the LGBTQ community.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

The Moment We Have All Been Waiting For... "A Bite of Happiness" After months and tons of work, we are finally done!! ...