Wednesday, March 11, 2020


Another update (week eight)


I have postponed the filming process of the project and I haven't been able to stick to the plan I had in mind. I have been thinking and thinking and I do not know what my film opening is going to be about. Due to the Covid-19 situation, we have all tried to adapt to it and change out projects, and I have multiple ideas. However, none of them seem to be successful. I have already tried two different ideas. I have started the storyboards for each of my ideas; yet, there is still something that is not letting me finish. With all of this time that I have had my house, I  have been overthinking my ideas and realizing that they might not be successful. I am lost. I keep trying to come up with an idea and it does not seem to be good enough. 

The deadline is almost here, and I'm already supposed to be done editing (according to the first planning calendar I made). Nevertheless, I haven't been able to start filming yet. I am extremely stressed, but at the same time, lost. I do not know what to do, or what direction to follow. I am trying to come up with a solution, hoping that I will still have enough time to create a good piece. I abandoned my first idea, since there were too many obstacles once I started filming. I did the storyboard and proceeded to film, knowing that I did not have that much time left. And the second day of filming, my main character (who was going to be my sister) was not able to participate anymore. There were many things happening and I decided that the best idea was to create another idea and start all over again.

I repeated that process twice, yesterday I was about to finish the thirst storyboard. I was too frustrated and I didn't realize that it was not a good piece. The story line was horrific! It was the typical idea that everyone has thought of... And I though to myself "All of these months of dedication and hard work, to end up doing this? No, that is not right". I am clueless as to what to do. I really want to be successful and create something different. A movie that someone might actually consider investing in. But I have no time anymore. 


Day 2

It is the next day after writing what you read earlier. I am considering all my possibilities and I have come with the conclusion that I will continue with my original idea. There are many things that will have to be changed, but I think it is the closest one to being something different, original. That is the main reason why I am choosing to finish it. I still do not know how to film myself and do everything I had thought of, but I will figure it out as we go. 

I will recreate my storyboard with all of the changes made and then I will continue with the filming process. I need to start right away since I do not have much time from the due date. Honestly, I am scared that I might not have enough time to get this done, film, edit, complete the CCR, etc..., but I will work day and night if necessary, whatever I have to do in order to get this done. I will keep you updated on my progress. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Moment We Have All Been Waiting For... "A Bite of Happiness" After months and tons of work, we are finally done!! ...