Sunday, April 12, 2020



This journey has come to an end...


Project Reflection


During these past months, I have put into use all the information I have learned throughout the year. We have been preparing for this project all along, and it is finally done. I have learned a lot in these past two months, and it is a journey for which I am really grateful. Ever since the beginning of the school year I have been nervous about this specific project and I am so relieved that it is finally done. There were many ups and downs along the road, and it is definitely not my best work. But I know it was a very good experience from which I was able to learn so much. 

The hardest part for me has definitely choosing the theme. I had no idea what to do it on, and it took me a lot of time to figure it out. My creativity was nonexistent for months and I couldn't come up with anything. Eventually, some ideas started emerging, but none of them ended up being good enough. Everyone started working on their project, and I was just stuck. Later on, I finally knew what to do. I started planning and planning and had lots of ideas. I began to work on the props and everything I would be needing during the filming process. I was very optimistic and had hope that my project would actually be good.

Then, covid came... I was really frustrated because I already had everything planned out. But I had to improvise and work with what I could. I changed my idea twice. And then I changed it back to the original. I decided to keep working on that and make the necessary changes. After finishing the storyboard and having everything ready, I realized that it was too long, and that I would never be able to fit that in two minutes. So once again, I had to change everything. I kept the same story line, but I changed every scene into something more concise. 

After a lot of work and time, I was finally ready to film. The filming process was really fun at first, but then it started becoming very stressful. It took about three days in total to get all the footage I needed. Since I was filming the process of making a cake, I had limited tries to film each shot. The fact that I couldn't refilm a shot if I messed up, and that my sister was the one actually doing the cake, had me very stressed out. I had to worry about taking good shots while trying to make the cake pretty. It was a very long and stressful process, and once I finished I was extremely relieved. But then I remembered that I had to edit.

Editing was also a complicated process. I had multiple problems in the process, and I even had to start over again while I was already halfway done. Nevertheless, I was able to finish successfully and create "A Bite of Happiness". Even though I did put a lot of time and effort into the making of this project, I think it wasn't enough. I am a little disappointed at myself as well as the result, as I know I could've done a much better work. 

I need to work more on my time management as well as planning. If I would've had better planning strategies or spend more time during the planning process, many of my mistakes would've been solved. I need to plan everything from beginning to end before continuing with the process. This way I will be able to prevent a lot of small mistakes that could really affect the final product. Additionally, another mistake I made was not using the time I had properly. If I would've started a little bit earlier I wouldn't have been as stressed as I was, and I could've dedicated more time to fix some of the mistakes I made. It was a very long journey, and I am very happy I was able to finish this project. It was a very fun experience and I learned a lot. I learned and reflected upon my mistakes, and hopefully I will do better next time. Thank you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Moment We Have All Been Waiting For... "A Bite of Happiness" After months and tons of work, we are finally done!! ...