Monday, March 2, 2020

Things to be done ✔


Since there has been several changes made to the storyline of my film, which I explained why in my previous blog, there are some new things that I will need to do, as well as some that I am still trying to figure out. Here is a list of the things that I will need to work on over the next few weeks. :)


- TITlE!!

The title is one of the most important parts of this project. I have been trying to brainstorm possible ideas for titles, but none have come to my head... I need to find the perfect title, but I think it will come to my head once I start filming. The tittle is like the first impression the public has of the movie. They decide whether to watch it or not, based on the title. For this reason, I have to come up with an amazing title that will attract the audience's attention so they gravitate towards the movie.


- Music

Music has to be integrated into the film opening, whether it is diegetic, or non diegetic. It is one of those aspects that enhance the content and transmit a totally different message. There was this specific scene that I was going to film, where the main character was walking listening to music, and then finds the flyer of the competition. But since I will be changing that scene, I will not longer be able to insert the music that way. For this reason, I need to find a way to incorporate music that will express her personality. 


- Commercial (TV or Radio)

My original plan was to hand make a poster about the baking competition, which Ellie (the main character), was going to see while walking down the street. Since we are not allowed to go out anymore, I wont be able to make create that scene. :( For this reason, I have decided that the poster should be either a TV commercial, a radio announcement, or even something she finds on her phone or in the newspaper. Since Ellie has an extremely low income, I think a good option would be the radio, since almost every house has a radio. She is a college student, so the scene will start on her sitting in a table surrounded by books, while trying to concentrate. She has been so stressed lately because she needs to find a job and is not being able to find one. And then, unexpectedly, she hears this announcement. It will be a pan moving from her, to the radio. This can also be an opportunity to show the viewers the setting and the place she lives in, and under what conditions she live, so they can understand what a day in her life is like. 

- Poster

Even though I am changing the competition poster into a radio announcement, I still need to make another poster. This poster will be used to represent the warning that Ellie is given after she has forgotten to pay her rent. This is how the viewers are going to know she does not have enough money; it is a really important element of the project. I am still not sure how the poster is going to be like. It is going to have the word "LAST WARNING" and perhaps in red, or something that will catch the audiences attention. I will dedicate an entire blog post to research on warning posters and the process of making my own. In the calendar shown in my 'Planning", I had written that I would finish the poster by the end of the month, and that it would be one of the first elements that would be done. However, I have decided that I will postpone this task to before I start filming, since For now I have things more important to figure out, such as the storyboard. Once I am done with the storyboard and deciding other elements pertaining the film opening, such as who will be my characters, setup, etc., I will start choosing with the creation of the poster.


- Credits

I am still not sure if I will have enough time to complete the intro and credits I wanted to make. At the beginning of the project, my idea was to create an introduction as if it were a baking show. I would include multiple shots of food, and the making of it. Many close ups, and different shots of all types of sweets. However, since I have changed my idea, I don't know if i will still have time to include this section with the credits. it will be for example rolling a dough, and when getting a bit of flour, you would see the credits. I would be using continuity shots. For instance, after grabbing the dough from the table, the letters of the credits will appear. I will make this decision after I am done filming the main parts of the story, and if I still have time, I will include at least 30 seconds of this. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

The Moment We Have All Been Waiting For... "A Bite of Happiness" After months and tons of work, we are finally done!! ...