Monday, February 17, 2020


The Brainstorming Process


Hello guys! Here I will be giving you updates on my portfolio project. I will be documenting everything that goes into the creation of this project, from start to finish. Firstly I would like to clarify that the first few weeks of making this project are critical, since the basis of this project is going to be settled. I have had so much trouble trying to brainstorm, and coming up with possible ideas, and it has been a setback in my journey. I am in my second week of progress, and I am still indecisive on what my film plot will be. I have also had a hard time choosing one specific genre. For now I am thinking of drama, since it can expand to endless possibilities. Perhaps teen drama specifically with a target audience of  teens between 15-25.


Teen drama is gaining many popularity recently, and I think it will be something very fun to do. However, I think doing something different and specific to my hobbies will be better. Recently, due to all the trouble that I was having trying to brainstorm, my teacher helped me come up with an idea that relates to my hobbies and my passions. BAKING. Since I was a kid, I have always been a fan of cooking and baking, and basically everything related to food. I love making cookies and cakes and all types of sweets for my family and friends, and it is something I really enjoy that can sometimes be my escape from reality. Out of all the ideas I had, I think this is the one!


At first, I was thinking of an intro containing only shots of food along with the credits. All different types of shots, angles, and close ups. For instance a close-up while piping frosting, whisking eggs, different cakes, etc…  However, this is more of an opening to a cooking show rather than a movie. I have to introduce a story, and characters and create a plot.. So even though it was a good idea and would be very fun to do, it will not be possible to accomplish. This is where I started to get extremely stressed and worried, since I was completely lost on what to do. 


Later, after hours of thinking, some ideas surged to my head, still related to baking of course.
One focuses on narrating the life of a student who is struggling financially and needs money to afford
college. She lives in an apartment with other people (who she doesn’t know), and if she doesn't
pay her rent or college fee, she will be kicked out. So after being extremely stressed and looking
for jobs everywhere without being able to find one, she is walking down the street from school or
work and he or she finds a flyer of a cooking competition where the price is $10,000. She has hope
that she may win this competition and goes home to practice. At first, she is really bad at it, but after
a lot of practice, she is able to achieve an incredible job. The film opening will end with her/him looking
at the timer, with a smile on her face since she finished her cake on time. This would solve all of her
problems, and she will be able to finish college. In addition, something that happens in the movie,
is that she discovers her passion for baking and will end up opening her own bakery and be very
successful. 


I think this is the idea for my final project, but I am not sure; some changes will definitely be made
in the process. I will be giving you updates on my journey and every decision I make. Honestly,
even though I really like my idea, I think that it will be hard and I’m scared that it might not work out.
But we will see… 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Moment We Have All Been Waiting For... "A Bite of Happiness" After months and tons of work, we are finally done!! ...